Caledonian has a vast experience in delivering robust, practical accommodation across the entire defence estate. From the delivery of over 15,000 bedspaces for the MoD through Project SLAM to our role as a key delivery partner for Project Hercules providing twelve accommodation blocks for the Defence Training College at Lyneham.
Caledonian is a primary provider of permanent buildings for the Ministry of Defence and has specific expertise in the design and construction of high quality single living accommodation for service personnel.
We offer offsite modular solutions for all levels of military building projects and where required meet stringent counter terrorism measures. Our design teams are fully conversant with all MoD standards and are able to develop fully compliant building designs to meet users’ needs within any specific regime or military establishment.
We work in accordance with all relevant building standards and regulations including: JSP Scales, Defence Estates Technical Bulletins, and CTM – delivering high quality facilities that service personnel can occupy in less time than traditionally built alternatives.
Why choose Caledonian?
- The most successful modular supplier of SLA to the MoD in the UK.
- Supplier of more than 15,000 bedspaces through Project SLAM.
- MoD experienced ‘In House’ design, factory, site and supply chain personnel.
- Retained External MoD Experienced Consultants – Structural, M&E.
- Caledonian has had a consistent involvement in projects across the MoD estate for 17 years.
- Experience of successfully delivering projects ranging from offices, medical/dental and training facilities to Y and Z scale JRSLA, SNCOs, Junior and Senior officer living accommodation units.
- All accommodation is built to baseline JSP 315 scales guidelines, JSP 440 (via main contractors), DMG 034 and 036, in conjunction with client’s requirements.